Thursday, June 23, 2011

O-vary Important

So what's so very important about your ovaries? Well, a lot actually. This almond-sized organ is the home to our eggs, and without these o-vary important organs, you've got yourself a problem. Good news is that mine are finally working with a little help from modern medicine. I can only imagine the turmoil and pain I would have endured had I been facing this thirty years ago. Now that we've got all my eggs in a basket- pun intended - I now get to hopefully experience the miracle of life. In fact, did you know that a human egg is visible to the eye, but it is only the size of a period. Yep that's right, we all began as >.<this big! When the sperm and egg meet, it is the size of a poppy seed. Um, have you seen a poppy seed? Those things are insanely tiny! Hard to believe we came from that! 

Sometimes I want to brag about my ovaries finally doing what they are supposed to, but then I think about the fact that it's not really that special since most women do it from the age of 12 to 50. Although, I can brag in the fact that I understand how it works and where it comes from. I know a heck of a lot more about my reproduction organs than anyone without a doctorate should know! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Brag all you want... to be honest, you've taught me to appreciate getting a period. [I won't go so far as to say "enjoy" because... well, it's still a period.]
    It's like we're 13 all over again & it's the cool thing to do!!

    ReplyDelete