Saturday, April 16, 2011

What's that got to do with the price of eggs?

So what does it really have to do with the price of eggs? Well everything actually! Although I can certainly say that having a baby would be priceless, there really is an extent of how much I am really willing to spend to have a healthy egg to fertilize. Did you know that the average price of in-vitro is about twelve grand? Yeah, and it often takes two or three tries before it works! Um, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I don't exactly have thirty-six grand just sitting around waiting for me.

We started the cheapest fertility treatment there is- Clomid. Surprise, surprise- Doc T says he isn't hopeful it will work. Well thanks for trying to get us a bargain buy, but I guess it's on to the more expensive egg purchase. Did you also know that by the age of 30 a woman only has about ten percent of her eggs left? Is there any way I can get a cash advance on my eggs now because if I have to wait until I'm thirty to find a decently priced egg, I might have just run out!

So I leave you with this... what does it really have to do with the price of eggs?

No comments:

Post a Comment