Thursday, April 14, 2011

You have what???

I decided that blogging might help me get through the misadventures of PCOS that have taken over my life. Not only will this help me in getting some input from others, but maybe I can help another person in their misadventure too!

So here's the start... PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Some people just nod their head and act like they know what it means, others actually do, some just look the other way thinking it is an embarrassing subject, and finally, the people who actually care to learn about it.

In my terms, it really means- Pretty Crappy Ovulation System. When I was first introduced to it, I remember thinking cool, no period! Now, as I am coming up on one year of trying for a baby with no avail, there is no cool part about it. When I think about my one year wedding anniversary, it is bitter sweet. I love the fact that I can say I have dedicated the last year of my life to being an amazing wife. At the same time, here I am dreading the day because it signifies one year of trying with nothing to show for it. I love my husband to bits and pieces, so I am going to enjoy this anniversary for the joyous moments. I plan on celebrating the moment I officially announced my desire to spend the rest of my life with him.

Here's to another year of happiness, and perhaps, if we are so truly blessed, a little pitter patter of a new heart will come too.

No comments:

Post a Comment