Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Advice

The other day I received some great advice. A friend who knows exactly what I'm going through and how it feels reminded me that while trying to have a baby is serious business, I cannot let it consume me. It is a part of my life- not my life entirely. 

I have to remember there are other things to enjoy. In example, today I had a great day just being a wife. I went and did a massive grocery shopping with a list in hand for all the ingredients we need. Yes, we laid out a menu of things we want for the next week, so I could prepare for them. Tonight I made yummy chili and cornbread muffins. Yesterday I made stuffed chicken breasts, buttery noodles, and super easy peanut butter cookies. I wouldn't call myself a chef, but I am enjoying this cooking. When I'm not cooking, cleaning, or doing homework, I try very hard to keep myself occupied. I've started back up with my exercise taking walks and doing yoga, and later when the husband is occupying the TV, I either read or work on my fleece blankets. The exercise seems to be paying off too since I've lost 5 pounds again.

I have learned that life can be enjoyable. I can truly be happy being a wife. Obviously being a mom is something I still desire, but being a wife is certainly something I shouldn't take for granted. To leave off, I'll give you my cookie recipe which really I found online somewhere. Be warned they are super peanut-buttery! :-) 

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg

Mix it up, put them on the greased pan (it makes 1 dozen- perfect for us!), and bake for 10-12 minutes. I opted to put the hash marks with the fork, but in doing so they were kind of crispy. I imagine if I would have left them as the ball shape, they would have been a little softer as the original recipe suggested. Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment