Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Calm

Today I woke up on my own- no blasting alarm. Even with not going to work, I was waking up to an alarm at 8 am every day. Most times I would go back to sleep, but I had that alarm every morning. Today, like every day this week, I woke up on my own. I have shunned the alarm because with that alarm came taking my temperature. I've done away with the thermometer because I can't handle the stress that comes with it. In fact, I've done away with all of my trying to conceive crazy antics. I am not taking my temperature. I'm not taking ovulation tests. I'm not monitoring all those nitty gritty details. We are doing one thing- having sex. Yep, we're doing it the old fashioned way this time. I know when my fertile time is, so we're just bumping uglies until we can bump no more. ;-) In doing all this, I feel calm. I feel like this is what I needed. I know I am ovulating, and I'll have my doctor's appointment to prove it. Why go through all the stress of it when I don't have to? I got up on my own, did my fertility restoring yoga, and I did my homework. I was so calm that I didn't even stress for my first test of these classes- and whadya know, I got a 95% on it?!

Now, I am not saying I regret temping, and I'm certainly not saying I won't go back to it. In fact, I will probably do it again the cycle after we are done with treatments because I won't know the date when I ovulate. However, the one thing that these meds do is keep my cycle down to a T. I don't need a temperature rise or pee stick to tell me because I can read my body well enough. All the temping and testing did was stress me out. Here's to hoping that I can remain calm, enjoy the crazy amount of sex we'll be having, and have a good cycle. As they say at the end of my yoga... Namaste!

3 comments:

  1. They say babies always come when you least expect it. Maybe relaxing one cycle is the key to getting your BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you I wish you much stick babydust.

    ReplyDelete