Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 16

Day 16 - How did you and your partner decide when you were ready to start trying to conceive?

When we first started dating, we knew we wanted to have children despite the fact that it would be a difficult process. We established that we did not want to have a child out of wedlock because we are the traditional type. We did everything in our power not to get pregnant (pointless as I see now how easy it is for us to never get pregnant). However, we decided that since it would be a tough road, we’d try right away when we got married. Although I expected it to take a little longer, I never thought I’d be where I am today. Thank goodness we decided to start right away and were open about the possibilities. 

I asked my husband the other day when he thought we would have started trying had we not known it might be a struggle. He said we probably would have waited after a year of marriage. If I think in terms of when we really would have wanted to start (not expecting any issues), we are still within a good range. I'm just praying we get our 2012 pregnancy. We don't have to have the baby in 2012 since time is running out for that, but I'd love to finally see those two pink lines and a beating heart on the screen by this time next year. Sorry I went on a tangent, but being NYE, I thought I'd throw that in there. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I was ready way before Justin was but he finally came around and told me was ready to start trying Christmas day 2010.

    ReplyDelete