Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 17


Day 17 - Discuss the most ridiculous thing you ever heard about conception. Where did you hear it? Did it work for someone else? Did you try it?

I think the most insane thing I get all the time is when people ask if I do headstands after sex. Um, did you do that when you got pregnant? No, I didn’t think so. While I prefer to keep my hips propped up, I’m not going to try to whip out some gymnastics to get the sperm in the right place. We have delightfully designed anatomy that shouldn’t require acrobatic tricks to get the sperm to the egg. I have yet to meet a person who has done this and gotten pregnant because of it. And if I did, I’d still have to say it was just pure coincidence that it happened then. 

The runner up ridiculous comment I've heard about conception is that it will happen the second you stop trying. Do I know people who have had this happen? Yes, plenty. But... I'm not one of those people. I don't have normal ovaries. My not getting pregnant is not because I'm stressed or anxious. I will not relax because quite frankly, it won't do me any good. In fact, the cycle I relaxed, I didn't even ovulate. So to the people who tell me to relax and stop trying... well you can bite the big one because it isn't going to happen that way.

1 comment:

  1. The most ridiculous has never been told to me but has been told to others in our position. It enrages me to hear that doctors or nurses are telling their PCOS patients that it's hopeless and they should go straight to IVF. That's the sign of an uneducated care giver.

    ReplyDelete