Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 18

Day 18 - Besides Mothers Day, what is the hardest holiday for you as an infertile?

I think Christmas is the hardest. You see so many people you don’t see all the time. When you are a young married couple, you get the question of when you will have children. It is heart-breaking to have to spend your holidays explaining your ovaries are defective. It is also pretty heart-wrenching as you watch so many other families with children have such special moments on Christmas. I watch my niece and nephews, and it is painful to know that I may never have children of my own to experience it with. I know that while I have to remain hopeful, there is a chance I will live a childless Christmas for many years.

A close second would be our anniversary because that is the day we started trying to have a baby. While I’m glad we started right away, I worry that until we get pregnant, our anniversary will never have its justified joyfulness.

1 comment:

  1. Believe it or not, for me it's Halloween. Seeing all those adorable kids in their adorable costumes and their proud parents really makes me sweat my fertile timer. Christmas hurts too b/c we have had one too many christmas photos where it's just me and my husband.

    ReplyDelete