Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 26


Day 26 - Were you the product of infertility? Was anyone you know the product of infertility? How do you know? Or do you just suspect based on circumstances like age differences between siblings, time between marriage and conception, etc.

I wasn’t the product of infertility. My mom got pregnant right away with her first two pregnancies. Her third pregnancy she tried six months and had a loss at around twelve weeks. She got pregnant with me the cycle after her loss. My husband’s parents had a battle with infertility. They tried for seven years to get pregnant. They had given up long before, and suddenly she was pregnant with my husband’s older brother. Two years later they had my husband and his identical twin. His mom was also the product of secondary infertility. Her mom had a son and tried for several years before finally getting pregnant again with her second child. I think the hardest part about this is that they did go on to have children. You'd think that this would be encouraging, but it is quite the opposite. It feels like my pain with this infertility is unjustified because of how long they tried. Like me trying for almost two years is nothing, and it'll happen. I'm sorry, but with no eggs, there is no baby. I don't know all the details, but I'd guess they at least had opportunities to ovulate unlike me. I can't go seven years and finally get my baby without medical help. It just isn't possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment