Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 19


Day 19 - Write a letter (one that you never have to send) to a fertile in your life. Did they hurt you? Support you? Tell them how you feel, all the things you can’t bring yourself to say in person.

Dear Fertile Friend,
Every day I see your pregnant belly or hear updates on your ever-growing baby inside you, it puts an ache in my heart. However, I want you to know that in no way is that your fault. I understand that people get pregnant, and it should be a joyful time. Unfortunately, I have defective ovaries that keep me from feeling the joy so many share with you. Every time you talk about your pregnancy, jealousy spins through my mind. Why not me? Why not the person who has been trying for so long? I’m sorry if I hurt you when I avoid you like the plague, and I want you to know it is nothing personal. I wish that one day I could finally graduate from being an aunt and get to be a mom. All I can ask is that you understand. Don’t be offended if I deal with this by simply distancing myself. Just know that in the back of my mind, I am happy for you. I just wish I could be happy with you rather than for you.
Love,
Your Infertile Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment