Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 25

Day 25 - Have you ever bonded with someone IRL (in real life) over infertility?

Yes. Mama J has been through her own struggles, and we have bonded a lot. I love that I can talk to her about anything. Literally, I can send her a picture of my ovulation test or talk about baby-making, and she doesn’t get weird about it. It is such a taboo subject, so it is tough to have someone to really bond over. 

I also have found a group of gals who have been absolutely precious in the virtual world while I've been trying. These girls are a wealth of knowledge, and often understand when most just don't get it. They might not be the "in real life" that was implied in the post, but I do believe I have found some friends for life even if they do live all over the country. 

All in all, I value the friendships that have grown from this journey. Many times, infertility can absolutely tear friendships apart which I have personally experienced. I appreciate and enjoy the friendships I have gained in the journey, and I'd like to think it is one of the positive things I've  been given in this misadventure.

1 comment:

  1. So right... Has happened to me that my friendships are all torn off and now left with nothing but empty uterus, nothing in life to look forward to, praying, yearning and sobbing every day at God's feet. And finally my better half, who could only understand the issue in limits without d 'pink' factor. I feel like going to the center of the Earth and screaming my heart out!

    ReplyDelete