Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 23


Day 23 - Talk about how you chose your RE.

I originally went to an ob/gyn because I wanted to go through the initial steps. When we did treatments, he said he would start the basic treatments, and if no success, he’d refer me to an RE (reproductive endocrinologist). Then, I learned about the clinical trial with an RE that would be free. I didn’t really get a choice on who I saw, but my RE is fantastic. He has personal experience with PCOS (his wife took Clomid decades ago to have their son), and he is extremely knowledgeable with previous trials. Once this trial is over, I’ll be taking a break from RE doctors and simply working with an ob/gyn and my family doctor. Our insurance doesn’t cover any infertility, so I have to be thrifty in medical expenses. If I ever work with an RE again, I will likely look for online reviews and ask around before settling on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment