Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 21


Day 21 - If you had gotten pregnant that first month you started trying, how would you have been a different parent? What changes have you made to your parenting style (either current or future) in the time you spent trying to conceive?

I know I would have loved my child the same, but I think the special moments would be accepted differently. In example, if I had gotten a positive test right away, I would have been ecstatic and wanting to shout it from the rooftops. Now, as we are nearing the end of our 20th month and in our 15th cycle trying, I anticipate so much anxiety. I am so afraid that all my excitement will be masked by the anxiety of not knowing if my dream will be ripped away from me before I even begin to enjoy it. As far as parenting, I think I will be the same. I have always had an idea of how I will approach parenting, and I don’t think that my fertility struggles will impact that. I really think that it will simply impact how much I enjoy my pregnancy and everything that comes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment