Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So It Continues... Day 31

I happened to find another infertility blog challenge while browsing some other blogs. Some of the questions were repeats, but others were different. I thought to myself- well, what else do I have to talk about? I’m not sure how many more I will add, but we’ll just take it as it comes. That seems to be the theme of my life these days. 

Day 31- When talking to your fertile parenting friends, what is/was your favorite “perk” of childlessness to rub in their face? Come on, confess!

I think the two I hear the most are sleep and vacations. Now, this is what bothers me about this. I’m taking fertility meds. One of the latest and greatest (insert annoyed groan here) side effects has been insomnia. While everyone is telling me to enjoy sleeping in, what they don’t know is that I haven’t slept well in months! They can take that “enjoy your sleep” bullshit and throw that right out the window. Then you have the vacations. Yeah, it would be great to go enjoy some vacations without the kids. Except any extra money we would like to spend on vacations will more than likely be tucked away for fertility treatments. Tell me again now... what perks are there to being childless? Yeah, that’s what I thought... none.

No comments:

Post a Comment