Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 29 & Another Update


Day 29 - If you had known that you would have trouble conceiving, what would you have done differently in life? If you already knew, did that knowledge affect your other life choices?

My knowledge of my condition certainly impacted my life choices. I was scared to death of marriage and finding the right person because I knew that my fertility issues would impact them. Nobody wants to be the person who can't give their loved one a child. I am so thankful I have a husband who accepts me and is willing to travel this weary road with me. It also impacted when we would decide to start trying for children. We never got that fun newlywed stage because we knew our baby making would have to start right away to get time on our side. It also impacts how we make decisions in our life today. It impacts big decisions like when to buy a house or what job to take. It impacts my small daily decisions like whether I will drink a wine cooler or choose to exercise. Even though we are not pregnant yet, every decision in our life is surrounded by the possibility of having a baby and my fertility treatments.

As for the update... it's a quick one. The beta hcg test came back negative (as expected), so I'll be starting my triple dose of the trial meds tonight. Get ready for a hormonal casserole, folks! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I knew I had PCOS before we started trying but I didnt know that it would effect my fertility so we waited another two years. I wish we had started trying sooner.

    ReplyDelete