Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 27


Day 27 - Talk about a time when you made someone in your life understand more about infertility.

The hardest part about explaining infertility is that many don’t see it as a medical concern. I have PCOS, and that is a medical condition. It is not like we just don’t have enough sex, or we are stressing too much over it. In order to do this, I’ve learned that you have to explain it in easier terms. I have a medical condition just like a diabetic person does. Without the use of modern medicine, it is highly unlikely for me to ever get pregnant.

2 comments:

  1. Omg I so know what u mean people just dont understand and I have started explaing the same way and people (family) r seeming 2 come around 2 the fact that getting pregnant for us isnt like for everyone else! Its hard on all of us and people need 2 just understand that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and Justin seem to get it. Some of the people at my church get it b/c some of them are battling infertility themselves. But when I tell other people I just get a blank "oh" and then they go on to talk about something else. Like you said, no sympathy b/c it's not something that's going to kill us.

    ReplyDelete