Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 37

Day 37 - Tell us your funniest Clomid/Femara/Injectibles mood-swing story. If you don’t have one, tell us your funniest general infertility drug story.

My funniest mood swing one would be my first or second cycle with Clomid. I had horrible mood swings, and I can recall sarcastically saying that I hadn’t noticed any despite my doctor’s warnings after having a meltdown earlier about not knowing what to have for dinner. My husband just chuckled and said he didn’t notice any either. Another funny story was when it was summer, and I was having an awful time with the hot flashes. I was in Target, and I can remember telling my sister I wanted to rip my clothes off right there in the store because the hot flash was taking me over.
Despite some of the humor, there are times when the side effects are just too much. It is very difficult to have something come over you, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I was at the store with my husband, and the customer service was horrible. I could feel the mood swing coming, and I felt so helpless. I felt so out of control with these emotions taking me over. It’s moments like that where I can feel it coming and can’t do anything about it that I really feel like these meds have literally taken over my body and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment