Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 40


Day 40 - Does your religion (or lack of) help/hurt/affect your infertility journey? Have you found religion? Lost it? Does it affect what treatments you do?

I’ve always been a believer in God. I grew up going to church, and in my teen years, I found a real connection with my spirituality. Since graduating and moving from the church I grew up in, it’s been tough. However, I’ve maintained my beliefs, and I continue to pray to God. Since facing the infertility journey, my battles with religion have certainly been there. At first, I was angry. I was angry that God would let so many people have babies when they don’t even want them when we wanted one so bad and can’t have one. Then, I started realizing that God doesn’t do this. God didn’t give me PCOS. I know so many people who have said that not getting pregnant was part of God’s plan, and I have a hard time believing that. I feel like there is a path I will take in life, but I’m not so sure God wanted me to face this heart ache. I believe that one day I will look into my beautiful baby’s eyes and know I’m in the right place at the right time, but I’m not willing to accept that God made me suffer along the way to get to that point. As far as it affecting my treatments, it doesn’t. I have read that IUI and IVF are against some religions, but if it ever came to that point, I would do it in a heartbeat. If it is a sin to do everything I can to bring a healthy child in this world and be the best parent I can be, then I guess I’m a sinner. No judgment on anyone who feels differently- that’s my opinion, and you can have yours, too. Ultimately, I do feel I have a strong confidence in God and the power of prayer, but I also believe that PCOS is a medical condition that God would never wish upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment