Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

First, I'd like to say Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful moms out there! I may be jealous, but I do value the amount of effort, time and love you put into raising your children. For that, I thank you! This year I plan on celebrating Mother's Day a little differently. Last year I spent it doing all the last minute preparations for our wedding and sending my mom lots of love over the phone. This year, I am going with Mama J to get something to celebrate my first year as a mom. My bean may not have sprout, but I am celebrating a victory of having a bean at all. I have dedicated the last year of my life to becoming a mother, and I am at the point that I need that boost of confidence. Saturday we are going to get the Seed of Life (also called the flower of life) pendant tattooed on the top of my foot. It stands for blessing, fertility, and protection. I am hopeful that this will be not only a tribute to the time I have spent working towards bringing new life in this world, but a celebration of the success of this adventure. Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment