Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My ABCs of TTC


A. Age when you started TTC: Technically 21, but I turned 22 a month later.

B. Baby Dancing or Sex: Baby Dancing… after a year of TTC, the thrill of sex isn’t really there anymore.

C. Children wanted: Two would be nice, but at this point, one little munchkin will be perfect.

D. Dogs/Cats/Fill in Children: No pets, darn apartment rules! But I get my baby and kid fix with my nephews, niece, and friends’ kids.

E.  Essential Oils/Vitamins/Snake Oils: Just prenatals.

F. Fertility Meds I’ve taken: Clomid.

 G. Gain: Ugh, so much… but I’m down 10 of the 75 I want to lose!

 H. HSG (Hystosalpingogram):  I had one scheduled, but my insurance didn’t cover it. Since Clomid unexpectedly worked, we are waiting until a later date.

 I.  Infertile Pet Peeves: *People who give unwanted advice when all they have to do is look at their significant other and can get knocked up. *Multiple updates- like daily- about pregnancies on social networks. If you want to talk about your baby that much, go to Baby Center! *People who tell me that I need to relax even after I have told them I have a medical condition. Do you tell people who are diabetic to just relax and their medical problems will just disappear? *And the all time worst- people who have children and don’t appreciate them.

 J. Job title: HR Intern and Online Tutor

 K. Kid’s names you’re afraid will be taken by the time you can use them: Oh, it’s happened already. I was absolutely heart broken when I saw a couple get pregnant when they were not in the position to have another. And what do they name it? Oh, the girl name we had picked out. Mama J told me not to worry because our baby will be much cuter. lol

 L. Length of time TTC: One year almost to the date.

M.  Miscarriages: None, although I am an absolute wreck when I think about the increased chances.

N. Number of times you’ve switched OB/GYNS, REs, FSs: Three… finally found one that was willing to work with me.

 O. Ovarian quality: I’m going to guess not good since they can’t manage to spit out an egg like they are supposed to.

P. POAS or wait for AF: Depends on the day… but I usually try to wait for AF before wasting money on tests.

Q. Quote from an obnoxious fertile: "You should wait until you are older to try.” “Oh, how old were you when you had your first kid.” “My wife was 16, and I was 17.” Thought running through my head… Run away before I high five your face!

S. Sperm: Getting it checked next week… fingers crossed it is not a dual-infertility case.

T. Time you tried naturally: I spent many months trying the “natural” approach… yeah, no. Doesn’t work. If you really have a fertility issue, natural approaches aren’t much help.

 U. Uterus quality: Not sure. Hopefully better than the ovaries!

 V. Vagina: The Va-jay-jay seems to be in working order. ;)

 W. What baby stuff do you already have?: I have maternity clothes, and that’s about it. I have one bottle carrier that my mom gave me, but I have it buried away out of sight.
 
X.  X-tra X-tra Hear all about it! How many people know the ins and outs of our crazy TTC journey? A few good friends have been willing to offer an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on. My family knows some of it, but not all the nitty-gritty details. Mama J has been the one that has been there every waking moment of the journey though.

Y. Yearly Exam (do you still go in even though someone sees your lady parts most months?): Haha no, I’m terrible about that.

Z.  Zits: Ugh, I swear, I hope I have the reverse effect and get clear skin during pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment