Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Shot Glass and New Direction

Alright, you know you're trying to have a baby when the shot glass has turned into a pee sample container! The ovulation and pregnancy tests I bought require you to pee in a cup, and then you dip the test in it for three seconds. As I was rummaging through my cups trying to figure out which one would be given as a sacrifice to the Pee Gods, I saw a shot glass. Now this poor shot glass, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't been used in the last three years I've been living with my husband. I dusted it off and put it in my bathroom cupboard next to my hefty supply of tests. Every time I pee in said shot glass, I can't help but laugh. Sometimes I wonder what I'll do with my trusty shot glass after we finally get our positive pregnancy test.... I'm guessing nobody will want to drink out of my potty shot. :-) 


As for my new direction, I realized that this blog has sort of turned into the misadventures of trying to conceive rather than PCOS. So for future posts, I'm going to try and limit the baby talk and maximize the cyst talk. The cool part is that even when I complain about symptoms- like the sore tatas and cramps- you'll never know if it is from PCOS, ovulation, Aunt Flo, or pregnancy. After all, I never do either!

1 comment:

  1. Write about whatever you want to, girl... if people don't like it, they won't read it!

    Also, no. The shot glass is shot. You should probably even give it a new name, as I am going to go home and wash out MY shot glasses. Ha!

    ReplyDelete