Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hot topics of my day

I have a few things to discuss today... and while I usually like to stay on topic, I'm thinking this is just going to be a rambling post! ;-) My first hot topic of the day... I had my first positive ovulation test last night! If you look at my chart, if the three temperatures after the dip stay above the three before the dip, it means I ovulated. Eventually when there is confirmation, there will be crosshairs that make it a lot easier to understand. In the mean time, I'm just super pumped that the ovulation tests and temping seem to both be in agreement that we got ourselves an egg!!!!

Which brings me to my next topic... do I dare announce my pregnancy on here if we do get pregnant? I feel that if people are taking the time to read this, they would be supportive if anything were to happen. Not to mention the fact that this is usually where I can say anything and everything, so it would drive me nuts to not be able to talk about it. So anyways, in two and a half weeks, when we find out if we catch the egg, I'm sure I'll decide if I want to post it or not. Then again, people who are loyal readers will get suspicious and wonder where my, "Ugh, on to round 3 of Clomid" post is even if I don't make an official announcement. 

Which brings me to my final topic... we have been trying for a year, and at times it felt like it was never going to happen. Since it has been such a crazy ride, I want to surprise my family with our announcement. You readers will have to keep it a major secret from anyone and everyone if this is going to work as I plan on waiting at least until 8 weeks to tell them. I have a few ideas up my sleeve. Since our family lives kind of far away, I was thinking about sending a card to the grandparents- you know something about being a grandma or grandpa and sign it with Baby *insert last name here*. Then I wonder how I'm going to tell my husband. I have a feeling I will just be so excited that I'll just blurt it out, but I see all these super cute ideas of how to tell your husband. My favorite is getting a little box, putting the test in there, and telling him it is a gift. 

Oh, decisions, decisions! On to the dreaded two week wait! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Crossing my fingers for you! Go time go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you tell me, I want you to rewrite the lyrics to "drop it like it's hot" and tape your own music video... then post it on my facebook wall.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete