Monday, May 2, 2011

Part of the Plan?

Of all the things I have been told, the one that hurts the most is that me not getting pregnant is part of God's plan. Don't get me wrong, I consider myself a Christian person, and I do have faith in the Lord above. However, that doesn't mean I agree with the statement that seems to roll off everyone's tongue when it comes to having a baby, or in my case, not having a baby. Do you really think that God wants some drugged out child abuser to have a child? Do you really think that God wants a molested thirteen year old girl to carry a child? I think not! I realize fate has a way of working out, and everything seems to happen for a reason. Yet I cannot grasp the concept that God planned for me to have PCOS. Does that mean that God planned to give my loved one cancers? I think not! While this probably has educated, amused, or royally pissed off the people reading this, I feel as though it has to be said. I am so sick of everyone telling me that my medical issues are God's doings. The anonymity of this blog really does let me express my true feelings, and those who do know me personally will not judge me for these words.

On a more positive note, I had an appointment with Dr. T today. He was very excited that my first round of Clomid worked as he was not hopeful it would do any good, and he didn't seem too concerned that my cycle was a little longer. I told my husband that I ovulated, and he said he was very happy to have such an amazing anniversary present! If we catch an egg this time, our little one will be lined up just right to arrive as his birthday present! Just what he wanted- a crying, screaming, pooping baby. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I also hate hate hate the phrase, "If it's meant to be, it'll be."
    I think it's just because people don't know what else to say in situations like this. I don't think it's God's plan to make you suffer and hurt for not having a baby; but maybe your situation is helping a mother somewhere appreciate hers more. You're touching people's hearts in a really great way, and I think that deserves a little recognition. :)
    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete