Monday, August 15, 2011

Mark Your Calendars....

Okay, maybe not yours, but mine will be! September 1st I have my first appointment with my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) with the clinical trial. I'm super excited for a couple reasons. The first is that I've always been too cheap to see an RE which is basically an OB/GYN who specializes in fertility treatments. Secondly, this means that we can finally get 5 rounds of free treatments!! Finally, we might actually have a baby in 2012!!!! 

In the midst of all this excitement, I am terrified and nervous. I will have to undergo several tests- some of which I have heard hurt like hell. I'm also nervous that even after all these treatments, we'll still come out without a baby and feel really broken. Finally, as much as I want a baby (which is more than I can ever express), I'd be crazy if I didn't say that actually having one doesn't make me a little nervous. All this hype on something- actually having it happen is a bit unnerving. 

Of course, after all is said and done, I am just plain ready. I'm ready to go for this next step. I'm ready to throw in everything I have. And of course, I'm ready to be a MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment