Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Race

All I've got to say is... wow! You think someone can't stoop any lower, and then they throw in a low blow right to the gut. As crazy as this sounds, a brutal and down right mean statement that was said has really given me the inspiration to give it my all and get my baby. I never thought I'd have to "race" someone to the finish line, surely never thinking that having a baby would be a competition. All I have to say is that while I don't wish infertility upon anyone, sometimes I do wish they could live a day in our shoes. It isn't all glitter and unicorns when it comes to getting pregnant, and I wish people could see that before they struggle. I'll be honest in saying that I didn't really understand the pain and hurt, but I certainly wasn't telling people I hoped I would have a kid before them. I told my husband what was said, and to be honest, I don't want to repeat it or post it on here because it was just that mean. However, when I told him, he simply replied, "Ugh, I don't care how long it takes- I just want our baby!" I was relieved to know that he was right there beside me in it for the long haul. And later, he added, "And when we get pregnant, I'll look at them and yell we're first!"

No comments:

Post a Comment