Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Why...

do I do this to myself? I am always reading facts, studies, and information. Fantastic to understand the disorder, but ugh, it makes me so damn nervous! Today I read a fact that with a regular pregnancy, the miscarriage rate is about 12%. However, those with PCOS have a 65% rate. Of all the things I fear, finally getting pregnant only to have it ripped away from me is my biggest. I have this terrible feeling that even when we do see two lines on a test, I will never get to feel the excitement. I'll have constant fear and unnerving feelings until I finally get to hold that baby. So why exactly do I read all these facts and get myself all nerved up? Yeah, I don't know either.

2 comments:

  1. I was told that taking Metformin through your pregnancy can decrease the chances of having a miscarriage. The doctor said a lot of women with diabetes or PCOS take it through their pregnancy and it doesn't harm their baby or them at all.

    Please keep your chin up! You'll get your beautiful healthy baby soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking Metformin the first twelve weeks of pregnancy will reduce your risks of miscarriage. However, you won't be able to be on Metformin if you are in the study; at least, not until you get those two lines and have it confirmed and are released from the study. (this is what my RE in charge of the study where I am told me)

    ReplyDelete