Friday, September 9, 2011

Anatomy 101

Alright ladies & gents. Back to the anatomy class. We learned about the ovaries and uterus. This week we are going to zoom in on the fallopian tubes. Why? Because I want to! No, really because that's what's on my mind right now. I have one test keeping me from being in that trial, and it has to do with the fallopian tubes. There are two fallopian tubes that connect the uterus to the ovaries both about 10 cm or close to 4 inches long. They are about the width of a regular spaghetti noodle. Gross comparing my inner parts to food, but really, it's the best I can do! ;-) There are little "hairs" on the insides called cilia that help push the egg (both fertilized and unfertilized) along, and provides nutrients until it makes its way to the uterus.

When I go in for my test, they will be making sure my tubes are nice and clear. This means that the egg can successfully make its way from the ovary to the uterus without any blockages. Here's to hoping we can get the okay that the tubes are just fine, and we can continue to focus on getting those pesky little ovaries to do their job!

No comments:

Post a Comment