Thursday, September 15, 2011

Holy Ouch!

Well today I got the sonohysterogram... yep, just another reason I am so NOT going all natural when we have a baby! lol We arrived about five minutes early only to sit in the waiting room for an hour. After we were finally in the room, they explained that the doctor was late coming back from surgery leaving the office scrambling trying to find another doctor in the office to do the procedure. We did the preliminary ultrasound doing a bunch of measurements, and the ultrasound tech kept counting. First she told the nurse to write down 42 and then 54. I had an inkling on what she was counting, but I wasn't positive. When the doctor came in, I asked him what it was. Sure enough- I have 42 cysts on my left ovary and 54 on my right!! Yikes! We got the show on the road doing a standard exam with the SHG following right behind.

It started like a normal exam with the speculum, but holy OUCH when he put in the catheter. Let me tell you- when your cervix is closed, don't try and open it up! He did tell me it was pretty high up which explains why I can't find mine. lol Anyways, once he got it in there he expanded the balloon letting the speculum out. He inserted some saline which hurt a little bit- kind of like menstrual cramps. He took a picture of my uterus telling me it was beautiful, which I thanked him for such an awesome compliment. He assured me that once we do get pregnant, it will make a lovely home for baby! Then we looked at the ovaries again and then to the tubes. It was so neat how he let us watch the screen. When the saline went into the tubes I saw bubbles in there which really looked like glitter and rays of sunshine. Mama J said it was God telling me everything was going to be just fine- and to be honest, I have to agree. He could tell my tubes were open, but once we saw those bubbles, boy I was excited! I was in pain from the saline being gushed in there, but I couldn't stop smiling! 

So here we are... I am expecting an email either tomorrow or Monday letting me know when to start the Provera again. Yes, that means I will have stupid Aunt Flo three times in less that two months, but I'll take it. That means that it could be as soon as ten days that we will officially start treatments! I just keep telling Mama J- it's not an if anymore. It's a when we have a baby!!!! Now I'm going to watch a movie, cuddle up with my husband, and take some much needed Ibuprofen. 

This pain- it's worth it. Today- is a good day. 2012- is our year!

2 comments:

  1. We are cervix twins, because mine is way high up and I can never find it either! :) I just had a regular ol' HSG...the bubbles sound exciting #jealous lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was like hmm, let's find that cervix- it's gotta be in there somewhere. I just kept thinking well if he can't find it, it's no wonder I can't! ;-)

    The bubbles were so cool! I was absolutely ecstatic, and I even teared up seeing it. I can only imagine how big of a sap I'll be when I see a heartbeat flicker instead of saline bubbles. :D

    ReplyDelete