Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fact or Myth

I was saying today that I should really have some kind of degree with all the knowledge I have gained about the female anatomy and the process of conceiving babies. It has to be some kind of miracle any of us are here since out of the many thousand sperm, only four or five actually reach the point of meeting the egg.... if you're lucky. And I swear, if one more person asks me if I stand on my head after sex, I may be compelled to high five their face. Most of the sperm have released into the uterus within 10 minutes thanks to the upward sloping. No need to do any gymnastics to get those boys swimming... nature has already done that work for them. What's even funnier... as I was perusing the internet tonight, I found myself laughing at certain sites as I shook my head thinking people might believe this stuff. Some of the things are nonsense like doing the head stand, but other myths out there on the web are untrue and quite disturbing. If I can give any sort of advice to someone facing PCOS or any disorder for that matter, please do your research. Google may be a good reference to start, but don't believe it just because one website said so. Oh, and just so you all know... anyone can update the wiki pages, so unless you want to put your ovaries in the hand of some moron with a computer, leave it to your doctor and serious research to give you the true facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment