Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Haven't Met You Yet

Today I heard Michael Buble's song Haven't Met You Yet on the radio for the hundredth time... yet I still smile and get tears in my eyes as I listen. The truth is that the song is probably about finding a spouse, but I just can't help but think about it in terms of a baby. It starts out talking about heart break which I seem to have the constant reminder of every month when I start all over again. The song continues with the line that I absolutely love, "I might have to wait. I'll never give up. I guess it's half timing, And the other half's luck. Wherever you are. Whenever it's right. You'll come out of nowhere and into my life." Isn't that the truth?! We have to time it just right, but even if we do, it's really just a luck of the draw to see if our bean has sprout. I have to remember that even if I have to wait, no matter how much planning I do... it'll happen when we least expect it. To top it off, the chorus repeats, "But somehow I know that it'll all turn out. And you'll make me work so we can work to work it out. And I promise you, kid, I'll give so much more than I get. I just haven't met you yet." Well baby, I promise you that I will give you everything and more... I love you more than life itself- I just haven't met you yet! Even when I am down and out, this song really does inspire me. One day, somehow, I'll finally get to meet my precious little baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment