Monday, July 18, 2011

Symptom List

Have you ever looked at a symptom list when you are told you have a disorder or you may even think on your own you have one? Chances are that only a few of the things on the list will make you think, hmm maybe I have that. Well, today I looked at a list of symptoms of PCOS. Out of 12 things on that list, I have 11. I just keep thinking.... man, that sucks! Although the most dreadful symptom is infertility based on not ovulating on my own, there are so many other symptoms that are pretty high in the ranks of suckage. Exhibit A: Hirsutism- the excess growth of hair on face, chest, stomach, back, thumbs, or toes. Oh, is that why I've been tweezing chin hairs since I was in middle school?! Exhibit B: Sleep Apnea- one of the many disorders I was diagnosed with that nobody made the connection with PCOS. I am so sick and tired of all these symptoms... but even more frustrating is that I can't do anything about it, and I don't have competent doctors who can connect the dots. Granted, I've gone in complaining about these things at separate times, but you'd think that if you look at a chart with all these things on it, the doctor would be able to figure out they were interrelated. I know I've posted before in all the misdiagnosed issues I've had in the past, but it still baffles me. How can I have 11 of the 12 symptoms, yet nobody seemed to link them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment