Monday, July 11, 2011

Letter to Baby

Dear Baby,

This is your mommy talking. Yes, the crazy, overprotective, unrealistic, nagging mommy that talks to you even though you aren't physically in my hands. One day, and yes, I know there will be the day, I will get to read you this letter. Until then, it shall wait for you. 

We got a new place- a perfect bedroom just waiting for you. We haven't put anything in there because we know we will need that room for you. There are two permanent things in there waiting for you. We have your rocking chair that mommy plans on singing and rocking you to sleep in every night. Yes, I know my dear, my voice is a bit out of tune, but you'll love it as I love you. We have a bookshelf currently filled with plenty of books from mommy's school, but trust us, we'll be replacing those with nursery rhymes and story books as soon as you come. I have a special book on the shelf waiting for you. It's the Bible Grandma read to Mommy when she was a baby. I know in my heart, God has a place for you on this Earth. When He feels we are ready, I am eagerly waiting to get everything ready for you. 

Until you come, I'll be here... sitting in the rocking chair, humming and reading the Bible stories. 

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment